Author Topic: Mazda 6 2008 stereo fault?  (Read 4955 times)

Offline ShakTS2

• S Class
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Mazda 6 2008 stereo fault?
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:57:57 am »
Hi all. I have a issue with the stereo and the buttons on the steering wheel, the buttons on the stereo do not seem to do anything and the display for the stereo is blank till you turn it of and then shows goodbye. The buttons on the steering wheel used to change trip computer but doesn't do anything and the only thing that is displayed is the instant mpg. I know it is confusing but If you watch the link it will explain a lot more. Any help will be great.
https://youtu.be/cRbRJzJ5WEs

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
Re: Mazda 6 2008 stereo fault?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 08:32:20 am »
The screen looks fine but as you cannot turn on the radio, you do not see anything. The steering wheel buttons and the radio may have a problem or a fuse has blown. It is strange that the electrician did not find what the problem is.

Offline ShakTS2

• S Class
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 07:34:43 pm »
Joking aside this is how it came out of mazda for the seat recall. And all they had to say was book it in for £118 p.h. I know they disconnected the battery as trip meþters were both on 0

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 11:24:16 am »
In that case, you will need to contact the customer services, explain that you had the recall and this happened after that. You can tell them that you have lost trust to the dealer who did the work and you want this fixed in another dealer for free.

They basically left you without the trip computer information and with no radio. This cannot be right.

I still have not done the hatch absorbers recall and if they mess like that in a car that is worthy peanuts in trade in while it has no problems, then it will not be good at all.