Author Topic: P2262 Turbo boost pressure not detected.  (Read 15084 times)

Offline Mazda GJ

• S Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-Nav
  • Year: 2014
P2262 Turbo boost pressure not detected.
« on: January 16, 2020, 08:36:44 pm »
For those who had P2262 yellow warning on dash and possible fix. It happened to me first time couple weeks ago, driving in city and next thing yellow engine sign between tacho and speedometer. And text saying Engine Inspection Required. Pulled to side of the road and googled on potential causes. After reading a bit, my understanding was that I still could drive short distance to get to place where I could investigate further. Stopped the car, let it cool and checked with Torque diagnostic tool. Torque is an app on phone which works with Bluetooth adapter which in turn plugged in to cars obd port. Quick scan identified P2262 Powetrain Turbo Boost Pressure Not Detected- Mechanical fault. Further search revealed that boost pressure sensor or Manifold Absolute Pressure could be a culprit. Removed the sensor, it was heavily carbonated, bit of a carb spray cleaner and old tooth brush 10 minutes later thing was like new. So in my case P2262 error was due to clogged up MAP sensor. As a result , pressure inside inlet manifold was not readable by turbo to provide correct boost. Car wouldn't go faster than 50-60 mph. That sensor is located on left side of intake manifold right above alternator and held in place by small bolt, I think 8 or 10 mm it was. Worth cleaning it every now and then as a preventative measure.

Offline Mazda GJ

• S Class
Re: P2262 Turbo boost pressure not detected.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 03:35:34 pm »
Write up attached now with couple photos.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:38:26 pm by Mazda GJ »

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Trim: SE
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 11:02:33 pm »
If the MAP sensor is carboned up, its possible the inlet manifold , throttle body , EGR valve and inlet valve could also be carboned up also. A lot of cars had free inlet system decarbs last year. If yours hasn't then ask the dealer for one, takes about two days, but its done under warranty, despite the car being out of warranty. Sort of a faux  pas  by Mazda.
Mine is the same year and I complained of poor fuel consumption over a certain period and they did it for me. But I made noises and showed proof.
If you drive mainly in the town then it will carbon up quickly. Later models set off sorts of lights on the dash caused by a stuck butterfly due to carbon.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline Mazda GJ

• S Class
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 05:01:26 pm »
Received letter from Mazda about 3 months ago, I think in nov.2019 regarding safety recall. Potential issue was with intake shutter valve which in certain conditions may lead to engine stalling. Went to dealer in Watford and they apparently fixed it or sorted it out somehow, car was fine before so didn't notice any difference.
Car-recalls.co.uk gives info with reference numbers for ongoing and new recalls including Mazda, so I rang to Mazda previously and mentioned about reference numbers for recalls and gave them details. Answer was they don't know anything about it and it's not on their system.
I am planning to clean whole inlet manifold one dry weekend, gathered some info on how to and will be buying new gasket prior to that.
Cleaned EGR already, it wasn't too bad as I seen worse.
Never seen cooled EGR unit on car before, Mazda has it.
Was thinking cleaning intercooler too, but that involves taking bumper off.