Author Topic: New Car  (Read 4513 times)

Offline gooch1

• S Class
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2014
New Car
« on: August 06, 2014, 06:42:48 am »
Changed my 2009 2.2 SL Estate Aurora Blue for a 2.2 Sport Sport Nav in Soul Red about a month ago, very pleased with it, apart from not getting any where near the quoted mpg figures.

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: New Car
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 03:37:05 pm »
MPG Figures have been mentioned before. The manufacturers figures are based on test roller running under laboratory conditions. These are as per E U regulations. They have very little to do with the actual MPG for any car. To get a better idea suggest you look at Daily Telegraph , Honest John  column
Real Miles per gallon figures. The public are asked to submit the actual results they obtain for a tankful
using full to empty  and miles run.With annual miles run. Also to state town /country or motorway running etc. Hope that gives you some idea of the actual numbers to expect.
All makes and types of vehicles are covered. Can be very useful.

Offline gooch1

• S Class
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2014
Re: New Car
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:30:57 am »
Sorry, been away for awhile.  Very true V 249, I have used the Honest John column in the past. MPG improving now 42.5mpg in a mixture of driving. But when you consider a number of factors, size of car, size of engine and level of equipment being run (a/c and heated seats (I have a torn hamstring atm and the heat provides a little relief) it is not too bad.