Author Topic: Closing the windows  (Read 5124 times)

Offline terbert

• S Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2014
Closing the windows
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:17:26 am »
Hi all
Is it possible to close the windows from the outside, using the remote fob. I have three Vauxhall Omega's, which by holding the door close button down, any open windows and the sunroof would close. Tried it on my Mazda 6, (2014) and nothing happens. Also, can the side mirrors close in the same way, as I keep forgetting to swing them in on the interior button.
Thanks in advance. :)

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Closing the windows
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 11:09:47 am »
No remote window functions.  If it's any help the windows stay powered for a short period after switching off the engine, so long as the drivers door isn't opened.
There's a kit you can buy for the auto folding mirrors.

Offline terbert

• S Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 12:14:53 pm »
Thanks for that Tall333.....
That's a shame as the window close system operates on the Omega's which date back to 2000, 2001 and 2003 vintage. You would have thought that  system would be standard in this day and age.
Bit confused on the side mirror kit. My mirrors do twist in on the interior switch. It was the fact I have seen people lock their cars and the mirrors twist in at the same time !!!
Call it lazy/forgetful me !!! ;D

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 08:38:13 am »
Bit confused on the side mirror kit. My mirrors do twist in on the interior switch. It was the fact I have seen people lock their cars and the mirrors twist in at the same time !!!
Yes, you have folding mirrors, but not auto folding mirrors.

Offline BBOY

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 02:52:13 pm »
Have Mazda gone backwards? My Mz6 2010 had the feature to close and open windows via the remote fob by holding down the lock and open buttons respectively.

Offline Ant

• S Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 07:27:05 pm »
My 2005 6 Sport had this feature. It was handy, particularly in hot weather. However there were some reports of owners returning to their cars to find them locked but with all the windows open. It was assumed that with the key fob in a pocket or similar, the unlock button had accidentally been held down so the car unlocked and the windows opened. Then, after 30 seconds as no door had been opened, the car would lock itself again but not close the windows. Another factor might have been that Mazda remotes did, and still do, work over very long distances. Maybe this is why the feature was discontinued?

I miss the ability to lower all the windows on hot days so the car can be cooling down a little as you approach it on my current 6.