Author Topic: 2004 2.0 td DSC Light/Engine management Light  (Read 4928 times)

Offline jbmdisco

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
2004 2.0 td DSC Light/Engine management Light
« on: August 01, 2015, 10:32:31 pm »
My 2004 6 2.0 td  DSC Light and ECM light came on last week. After a day or so both went out again but again they have come on (maybe 6-7 times over last few days) I hooked up to fault reader (Delphi) which came up with an 'actural' fault but was no more specific that that. Yesterday when the light was inactive ie on start up it went out I found a damp stretch of road in order to check whether or not the DSC was actually working. On wheel spin the light flashes and I can feel the dsc cutting in as it should therefore it does appear to work. Would I be right in assuming that there may be a faulty sensor at the front somewhere? Dies the DSC take it's signal from the ABS sensors and if so why doesn't an ABS fault show? I have been told that low brake pads could also bring the light on, my rears are low and n/r brake calliper is not as free as it could be (disc is rusty - new discs,pads and calliper on order - before the chastisement begins)

Offline saddler5

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2019
Re: 2004 2.0 td DSC Light/Engine management Light
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 12:24:37 pm »
I had this problem on a previous Toyota Avensis I owned and it was indeed down to a faulty sensor. The light would come on while driving but everything still worked. The problem disappeared when a new sensor was fitted.