Author Topic: 58 plate Mazda 6 keyless entry receiver  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Rayo51

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
58 plate Mazda 6 keyless entry receiver
« on: June 20, 2019, 05:56:51 pm »
Hi
I have a 58 plate Mazda 6 2nd gen and the remote central locking has stopped working. I've tried changing the batteries in the key fob and reprogramming the key but it doesn't work. At the point where you should press the button twice on the key fob, nothing happens. I've checked the fuses and they're all fine so the only thing I can think is that it's a faulty receiver.
Can anyone tell me the location of the receiver? I've searched everywhere but haven't been able to find anything online to say where it is located. Either that, or any suggestions of what else could be the issue would be great.

Cheers

Offline Rayo51

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Re: 58 plate Mazda 6 keyless entry receiver
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 06:16:37 pm »
Also, I am 100% sure it's not the programming of the key fob. I've been through the programming more times than I can count and it just does not work. I'm not expert, but I'm almost certain that it has to be the receiver at this point as it's definitely not the key and definitely not the programming.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
Re: 58 plate Mazda 6 keyless entry receiver
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 12:18:00 pm »
I do not know where the receiver is, but if you check older posts of keyless cars, you will find out that they end up in the dealer changing some expensive part. So you may not be able to just swap a bit of a box and make it work and it needs more work on it. The common pattern was t have a red key symbol and the car not starting. There is an earth wiring inside one of the wings that once checked that it works properly, brought the car back in life but if you think this is not the problem and need to work on the receiver, maybe the other posts from the dealer operations could help.