Author Topic: Mazda 3 to Mazda 6  (Read 9551 times)

Offline Iendicott

• TS Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Mazda 3 to Mazda 6
« on: December 24, 2016, 07:14:12 pm »
Hi all currently have a Mazda 3 2.2 SE-L Nav and love it but as it's a company car this goes back shortly (Start of Apr 2017). Decided to go for a Mazda 6 Sport.  I am looking at a 1 year old car which I believe is the facelifted version with the MZD computer. As I haven't had to service my company car how much are the interim and main services ?

Also what are people getting MPG wise as it appears on paper to be better than the Mazda 3 2.2 which must mean the 6 has a different gearbox ? I am seeing anything from 58-63 mpg on the 3 but I do tend to mostly drive long journeys.

What are tyre prices like for the 19 inch alloys as there looking very low profile and are fairly wide ?

It also seems like the 175bhp 2.2 is rare as I have only seen about 4 for sale on Autotrader. Is that right ?

Got about £17k to spend so I know the new year old facelift is in my price range.

Ivan

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
Re: Mazda 3 to Mazda 6
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 01:17:45 pm »
Usually the service prices are defined at local level and so you will get a more accurate estimate if you contact the garage you want to use. Just make sure that they include everything that is advised by the manufacturer.

The MPG will be down to you. I have seen a high mileage third generation on Auto Trader with an avarage 83MPG photographed.

As you are buying used, use the number plate to compare prices to website like the http://www.blackcircles.com/ You will find from cheap value tyres to expensive performance tyres and anything in between, including winter and all seasons tyres. It all depends on the result you want to achieve and how much you are willing to pay for it.

The used car stock will vary a lot depending on what has been put on the market. If you are looking for a specific version only, you may have to wait longer.

The leasing companies can make deals to buy the car from them. So you could investigate the option of buying the 3 if you like it.

Offline Iendicott

• TS Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Re: Mazda 3 to Mazda 6
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:10:39 pm »
Hi Apav,

Thanks for the advice. As to buying the 3 not really as I have now worked out I need something a little bigger.

Regards Ivan