Author Topic: After-accident like-for-like replacement (NOT rental)  (Read 4804 times)

Offline zippy_6

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
After-accident like-for-like replacement (NOT rental)
« on: July 12, 2016, 12:18:04 pm »
A while ago now, I'm pretty sure I saw a section of the Mazda UK website that had details of how Mazda would sell you a replacement car if your own had been in an accident. To be clear, I'm not talking about a replacement rental car provided after an accident whilst own car is under repair.
From memory, the pitch went something like this: we know that owners sometimes dont feel the same way about their cars after an accident, so we can source a similar car to replace a car that has been in an accident. I'm  sure they would have had various conditions attached to the offer, but I can't find it on the website any more. As I recall, it was in the same section as the Accident After-care https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/owning/accident-management/, but I can't swear to it.

Fantastical as it sounds, does anyone remember seeing this offer?

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: After-accident like-for-like replacement (NOT rental)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:51:30 pm »
I  remember that wording

"we know that owners sometimes don't feel the same way about their cars after an accident,"

It struck a chord with because that's how I would feel if my car was damaged. A few years ago an older car was damaged and the 1st thing my partner said was that she was surprised that I was keeping it. The damage was only bumper and lights, not panel or structural so I kept it as I would have done anyway.
I suspect that a statement like that on a website would lead to all sorts of issues as sourcing a car could not be guaranteed and may provoke more ill feeling.

Offline zippy_6

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
Re: After-accident like-for-like replacement (NOT rental)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 04:38:09 am »
Sadly, I felt very strongly that way - which is why I was trying to find out if I could take up the offer at the time. As you say, looks like it might have given Mazda more "business"  ::) than they wanted.