Author Topic: Strange multiple system failures  (Read 6065 times)

Offline dkf1red

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2013
Strange multiple system failures
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:11:35 pm »
Hi
First time poster.I have a Mazda 6 wagon/estate, 2.2 Nav and have recently had what appears to be a multiple system failure. It's all happened at once so I know it's not individual faults but more likely 1 thing affecting everything.

Driving home, normal conditions, when I get the scbs warning message appear followed by the engine management message. On checking I no longer have:
Traction control (traction control light came on)
Cruise control (I can switch it on and off but it won't engage at any speed)
iStop
Hill brake assist
Gear / suggested gear display (it's just blank now)
The 2 warning messages I mentioned above

Haven't found anything online yet to help. I know I could take it for diagnostics but I'm wondering if it's something as simple as a faulty sensor or a problem with an earth wire or something.

The car is running fine with no other issues so I know that its not affecting basic driveability
Anyone had similar issues or have any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Strange multiple system failures
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:17:43 pm »
Hi I think you will have to take it to a main dealer to get a correct diagnosis I think that will be cheaper option with all those faults showing you want to go straight to the main fault that's bringing up all the others without chasing round all of them.
Cheers steve 8)

Offline jonmadza6

• S Class
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 01:07:02 pm »
Hi there,

This is exactly whats happening to my mazda6 at the moment. Just wondered what the problem with your car actually was and was it an expensive fix?

Many thanks.

Offline dkf1red

• S Class
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 08:26:52 pm »
Hi there,

This is exactly whats happening to my mazda6 at the moment. Just wondered what the problem with your car actually was and was it an expensive fix?

Many thanks.

Hi

Don't know if you got the problem sorted and apology as I hadn't realised there had been another post on the thread.

The problem for me was an exhaust pressure sensor had failed. It had stayed in the open position which caused these issues. Annoying thing was my OBD diagnostic tool threw up this error but I disregarded it thinking it couldn't be connected to all these issues. Took it to Mazda in Edinburgh and this was there diagnoses. Replaced the sensor and all was well again. Cost of initial diagnostics, sensor and fitting was £300 to £400.
After the work was done, I eventually found the part online for about £130 and from other things I read, it could potentially have been a DIY job. Even finding the sensor (I think it was near the top of the engine/manifold) and giving it a tap with a mallet may have been worth a go to begin with. Remember, Mazda technicians don't fix, they replace.

Hope you get/got it sorted.

Duane