Author Topic: New to Mazda  (Read 18583 times)

Offline Pchatt

• S Class
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2016
New to Mazda
« on: September 28, 2018, 04:41:06 pm »
Hello fellow owners. I’m a first time Mazda owner after purchasing a 66 plate 6 estate sport nav (150bhp diesel)
We’ve never been “brand loyal” and have had volvo’s Hyundai and vw’s in the past. We average around 18000 miles a year and are hoping this low mileage 6 will keep us entertained for a few years. Any advise on care, servicing etc would be gratefully accepted.

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: New to Mazda
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:38:38 am »
They do a DPF regen every 200 miles or so, lasting about 8 mins.  Try to avoid interrupting the process by stopping the engine, which causes diesel to be dumped into the engine oil sump.  There's an X mark on the dipstick above the normal max mark - if it reaches that level you need an oil change and the car will probably throw some fault lights etc.  The tell-tale that it's doing a regen is the rediculously low instant mpg, and the engine light on the i-stop screen goes out (but that light also goes out if the engine is still cold etc).  There's more tell-tales, but those are the easy ones.  I try to keep the revs above 2k when mine is doing a regen, to help it along.