Author Topic: 18" Maz 6 Sport Alloys Referb Cost  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Agentmatt

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
18" Maz 6 Sport Alloys Referb Cost
« on: April 27, 2018, 02:28:47 pm »
Hi,

My alloys are looking a bit scuffed and I'am thinking of getting them referb'ed.  What should I expect to paid for all 4 wheels?  I've seen a few vid's on Youtube about doing it yourself, but it seems like a big task for a noob. 

Thanks

Offline aeroadster

• TS Class
  • 6 SL estate
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
Re: 18" Maz 6 Sport Alloys Referb Cost
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 11:47:30 am »
Depending on how badly scuffed they are and if there's significant curb rash, you could expect to pay between £40 - £60 per wheel.

The material cost of doing them yourself will be about £30 - £40 depending on where you shop.

My brother did his own after he bought a new set of rims for his Audi A3 on the cheap and they turned out great.  Once they were fitted, he refurbed his old ones and sold them for a good price.

I was tempted to do the same to my original 18" Mazda alloys, which I'd kept for summer tyres, but I prefer all weather tyres now so, which makes it all the better for me if I can bring them back to nearly new condition.

I already have a boat load of sand paper type including wet n dry, and some alcohol rub, and general alloy wheel cleaner, as well as some unused Autoglym alloy wheel seal.

I'd just need some alloy wheel/metal filler + hardener, some extra fine filler, the correct paint base code spec, primer and top coat lacquer