Author Topic: Mazda 6 ts d 2008 smoking problem  (Read 4397 times)

Offline paulburton89

• S Class
  • Colour: Sparkling Silver (24E) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Mazda 6 ts d 2008 smoking problem
« on: September 05, 2017, 06:49:24 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice on my Mazda 6 please.
I bought the car about 2 months ago, everything was ok until the car started smoking and randomly stalling. Took it to my local garage and they told me it was the egr valve, which was replaced.
All was good until I realised my engine oil was a bit high, above the full, below the 'X'.
Took the car back to my local garage, had oil and filter change, 5w30 C1 I believe (whatever is on the rocker cover, the garage made a point of telling me).
Currently the car has spent about 3 weeks in the garage, not moving due to excessive blue/white smoke. The smoke happens both from idle and while driving and smells of unburnt diesel, plus the engine oil is increasing.
The garage sent my injectors off to be tested, all came back fine. So far they have done a DPF regen, inspected the turbo, compression test (came back cylinder 2-3 were a little lower than 1 and 4).
They're stuck on what is wrong, and believe maybe my piston rings have failed.
I believe I am suffering the dreaded DPF issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Edit :   Your other posting has be removed.  Please don't duplicate your posting in different forums.  It makes it difficult to keep track of replies for those that wish to follow.  Thankyou  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:04:47 am by Willpower »

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: Mazda 6 ts d 2008 smoking problem
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:49:49 am »
On commercial diesels, white smoking and loss of power was always  bad trouble. Pistons, rings and liners
suspect. .Especially if you can smell unburnt diesel, lack of compression.??