Author Topic: new mazda owner  (Read 4499 times)

Offline trigger

• S Class
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2010
new mazda owner
« on: July 03, 2017, 11:50:58 pm »
Hi all, just saying hello as a 1st post as I now own a 57 mazda 6 tamura 2.0. 85k on clock after getting rid of my Vectra sri rather than paying for repairs I treated myself lol.... anyway got a good deal and 6 months warranty so exchanged a few £££ and it was mine. only drove it a few times but enjoying it so far. However can someone advise on these issues 1. clutch? pedal feels a bit heavy and the bite is right at top of pedal. doesn't affect the drive and if I accelerate harder its not slipping. but sometimes in 1st its really jumpy pulling away as I try to find the bite if you know what I mean.
2.Also can someone advise I believe its chain driven? so no need to worry about changing unless it has a fault.?
3.is there an easy way to fit an aux input for connecting phone for music?
4. and lastly can I change bulbs to led interior/ no plate / side lights /  etc  will they work ok or flicker and not go off properly due to the electrical canbus ..

no other issues I can think of that are annoying me just now.

The car has heat shot - warm water washer jets fitted... brucey bonus and is in immaculate condition. newly refurb wheels in gunmetal grey.
1st on my list is to finish off the looks by tinting windows. then I can just enjoy driving it.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: new mazda owner
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 08:49:35 am »
I have test driven the first generation cars and it seems that most of them have a very quick release clutch. Being heavy means that will need replacement sooner or later.

The petrol engine has chain.

Offline trigger

• S Class
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2010
Re: new mazda owner
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 02:01:19 am »
Thanks APAV....