Author Topic: Question about safety pack  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Iendicott

• TS Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Question about safety pack
« on: March 12, 2017, 09:40:06 am »
Hi People,

Just bought a 2015 Mazda 6 2.2 Sport Nav (Facelift model), not picked it up yet (April) but I have a question about it. This car has the safety pack so blind spot warning, lane departure warning. I keep on reading that some models have a special high beam function were it switches off part of the light to stop glare to other road users. Not sure if standard with the safety pack ? Also seen a mention about the light cluster move when turning a corner ? Again is this standard on the safety pack ? Is there any other functions standard with the safety pack ?

Regards Ivan

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Question about safety pack
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:14:56 pm »
Hi what you are talking about are the adaptive headlights where you can change from normal manual dip to main beam to adaptive ie it does it for you  :)Iv'e just changed from a pre face lift witch didn't have adaptive to a 2017 model that has so i missed out your model that i call the GEN 3 MK 2 but i am pretty sure that you will have the auto lights on yours. :) The lights turning on corners i had on the pre face lift with out the safety pack. Yes the blind spot monitering is part of the safety pack not sure if the lane assist is part of the pack or part of the car ? I do have it on mine but most of it turned off as i do not like the intervention as i want to drive the car and not have it drive me so i just have it on low viberation. Just as a note for you i always keep the i-stop turned OFF as i don't like the delay on start up i know you can switch it off by the switch but on restart it will default back to i-stop  :(BUT if you keep the airflow on screen only that keeps it turned off all the time unless you alter the airflow direction which i might do if in a big traffic jam but that's the only time i use it and i still averaged 50 mpg actual on my old one and it doesn't seem much worse on the new one and that's with a tight engine only 600 miles the old one was 36000 after 3 years  :)GREAT CAR that's why i bought the 2017 model 175 BHP AUTO SONIC DREAM. Everything on it except radar cruise. Hope this helps.
Cheers Steve  8)

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 12:49:17 pm »
The lights will turn corners with you on the standard Sports Nav, ie even without the safety pack.  Switching of AFS will disable this function if you wish.  The safety pack should give you lane departure warning system, rear vehicle monitoring (blind spot monitoring), and automatically dipping headlights.  Both the LDWS and the RVM can be switched off too.  I'm fairly sure how the LED type headlights work is that they switch off part of the light beams as you say.  The auto dipping headlights only work when the main switch on the stalk is set to auto, so if you don't like it you can switch the lights to on instead.

Offline Iendicott

• TS Class
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 02:37:58 pm »
Thanks guys.

I wonder if I am getting the Hi Beam directional control so shuts off part of the high beam area to stop blinding people mixed up with the auto dipping headlight which I assume turns off Hi Beam once it detects lights coming towards you ?

I am pretty sure mine is the Mk 3 as it has the MZD satnav and not the TomTom.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 04:31:07 pm »
Pre face lift Tom Tom mk1
Facelift Mazda sat nav mk2
2017 model Mazda sat nav mk3

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 08:53:13 pm »
First time I've heard of those designations. Are you suggesting a new Mk number each time just for the fact that they have changed the sat nav ?

I would consider a much wider step change / refit / body design change would be needed to qualify for that. 
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »
NO I'm just trying a quick way to clarify simply between pre facelift. Facelift and 2017 model . I E MARK 1 2 3 GEN 3s As some one posted they had the latest model because they had all the latest parts because it had a Mazda sat nav and not a Tom Tom when the car was a 2015. It seemed the simple way to separate the models.
Cheers Steve   8)

Offline Iendicott

• TS Class
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 07:36:59 pm »
Guys just an update on this post. Picked my car up yesterday and it does have the adaptive front LED headlights.

You can leave the lights on full beam and it shuts down some of the LEDs so it doesn't blind on-coming cars, when the car has passed the LEDs switch on again.