Author Topic: Driver's side electric wing mirror not folding  (Read 12180 times)

Offline Batfink

• S Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Driver's side electric wing mirror not folding
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:00:01 pm »
The driver's side wing mirror on my 2010 Sport is no longer folding when the button on the door is pressed. There's no motor noise or any other kind of noise coming from it. There was no problem with it before, and no hint that it was about to fail, I just parked the car as normal one morning at work and pressed the button and the driver's wing mirror didn't fold. However the passenger side wing mirror folds and unfolds no problem. Could this be just a fuse, or something more expensive like a switch or relay, or has even the wing mirror motor packed in? Like I said the mirror worked fine the day before, with no sign it was struggling or slowing down.

Offline ediulia

• S Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: SE-L
  • Year: 2014
Re: Driver's side electric wing mirror not folding
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 04:42:24 pm »
hi. known issue.... i have the same problem with my m6 2014

same same like in cx5
http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=50.0
this is worldwide issue

this is the part to change
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-piece-30-teeth-car-motor-Automatic-folding-Rearview-mirror-plastic-gear-for-2013-year-Mazda/32800464762.html

check this issue for your model

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Driver's side electric wing mirror not folding
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 05:48:59 pm »
Hi yes i had this happen as well what is worth a try open and close it manualy see if it starts to work plus take it past it's normal position it worked once with mine then the near side packed up had part replaced under warranty by dealer to see if that fixed it then they would do off side but traded car in the mean time if you are still under warranty get it done if just out worth a word with M C Services cos the other one could fail as well.
cheers steve  8)