Author Topic: Internal lights staying on  (Read 2666 times)

Offline grumpyxch

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
Internal lights staying on
« on: May 15, 2022, 09:34:41 am »
On my Mazda 6 saloon, there are two pairs of lights on the inside of the roof, one pair at the front, and one pair centrally placed. Both pairs light up when the car is unlocked, and the front pair turns off a few seconds after I have got in the car and shut the door. The central pair however stay illuminated until I have got out and locked the car. I haven't noticed this before, and I have had the car over a year. I noticed it yesterday because for the first time in months I have had to drive at night, and the inside of the car was quite well lit up as I drove. Is there a switch somewhere that I may have accidently moved (I seem to occasionally catch the switch that controls whether the door mirrors fold in/out automatically or not)? The handbook (as usual) is useless in finding solutions to occasional problems - the door mirror thing took me ages to track down why the mirrors stayed folded.

Thanks for any help

Offline grumpyxch

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
Re: Internal lights staying on
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 09:34:45 am »
Its okay. I've found the answer, or at least the local Mazda dealer told me what the answer was. The lights themselves are the switches. I guess one of my grandchildren must have been playing or just pushed them by chance, and left them in the On position. Now why couldn't the user manual identify how to switch these lights on and off so that I could have reaqd about it rather tha me having to ask?