Author Topic: Mazda 6 Tamura rims  (Read 6493 times)

Offline sdh8286

• S Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Mazda 6 Tamura rims
« on: April 05, 2015, 01:53:09 pm »
Hi all,

Sorry, I am in no way technically minded when it comes to cars so am seeking some advice.

My Tamura was originally belonged to my Dad but i`m a bit concerned that it doesnt come with a spare wheel, just that gunky stuff! Having read through the forum, I was wanting to buy a spare rim )local garage said they would stick a tyre on it) but i`m not entirely sure what I should be looking for.

According to this - ftp://89.223.43.14/accessories/ALLOY.pdf - I have design No.122. The tyres are 225/45 R18W - I presume the R18 means 18" rims?

Now, here somes the startingly naive question - do I need to get the exact same rim or could I get away with something that has five nut holes - bear in mind, it would be for emergency use only and any punctured tyre would be repaired and put back on. Sorry if that has made loads of you roll your eyes or tut in disbelief! Akso, where is the best place to buy second-hand rims, i`m not entirely sure if I would trust Ebay.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Trim: Takuya
Re: Mazda 6 Tamura rims
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 06:59:04 pm »
 As you are not mechanically minded try your local tyre house for a wheel rim and tyre to fit. Steel rim are cheapest and as they are for spare only it does not matter if they are not the same as the rest. You can get away using a 16 inch wheel with a bigger tyre  but the tyre people should be able to put you right.
Tyremen Ltd if you have one in your area are said to be good.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 09:07:04 am »
I agree with V249 in that if you are total naive, then it would be better for you to seek qualified assistance.

However there is one vitally important thing to ensure. In your post you are conscious of the  4 vs 5 nut hole situation. This is technically known as the PCD of the wheel, and needs to be correct for your model. A basic interpretation can be found here.

http://whichwheelsfit.com/index.php/pcd-explained  You can also find a lot of relevant information here   http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html      If you pass through the first 3 pages relating to tyres,  on Page 4 is a further explanation about PCD

This might help to enlighten you a little.    Good luck.  :)
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline sdh8286

• S Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Trim: TS2
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 10:31:20 am »
Thanks for that - I did approach the garage that normally replaces the tyres but they don`t do spares. I`m a bit reluctant to go to the Mazda dealer as I dont want to be fleeced lol. As I pointed out, I just want something that would be a quick fix until I get the tyre repaired properly. I will give all that info a read!