Author Topic: Android Auto for MZD  (Read 6645 times)

Offline JohnFred

• S Class
  • Colour: Arctic White (A4D) Non-Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-Nav
  • Year: 2015
Android Auto for MZD
« on: May 14, 2018, 03:39:17 pm »
Download this installer to enable Android Auto on Mazda MZD Connect    https://mazdatweaks.com/
I am now able to use Google maps instead of Mazda's sat nav, big improvement. It's also possible to enable other features on the MZD system.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Android Auto for MZD
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 05:35:22 pm »
I would like to add that the Mazda 6 Forum does have any responsibility in this regard. Should you wish to do this then you should take heed of the warning on the link.

IMPORTANT: All changes happen at your own risk!
Please understand that you can damage or brick your infotainment system running these tweaks!

It's your choice.
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline JohnFred

• S Class
  • Colour: Arctic White (A4D) Non-Metallic
  • Trim: SE-Nav
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 03:32:17 pm »
Mazda is to offer an optional smartphone control update for all new vehicles equipped with the company's human-centred MZD Connect multimedia system.

This will enable those of its customers who own iPhone to enjoy Apple CarPlay integration - letting you make phone calls, send messages, listen to Apple Music, and get directions with Apple Maps through Siri or the MZD Connect system safely whilst on the move. Android Auto integration is also available as an optional update, offering a similar range of features for customers with Android smartphones.
Moreover, existing Mazda owners whose vehicles are equipped with the MZD Connect multimedia system can now benefit from the retrofitting of either option.

Linked to MZD Connect via a USB port, Apple CarPlay may be operated by Mazda's HMI Commander rotary control knob and - whilst the vehicle is stationary - by the centre console touch screen. Similarly linked to MZD Connect, Android Auto is controlled by the Commander controller alone.

You have complete freedom to move back and forth between Apple CarPlay and Mazda's own system. In the interest of driving safety, CarPlay uses Siri to read out incoming iMessages and WhatsApp messages.

Using the Google Voice User Interface to control a similar range of functions, Android Auto also offers enhanced navigation technology with more Points Of Interest, continuous mapping updates, and additional aids such as 'Route Sent To Car' and 'Last 1 Mile’.

The update - including hard and software – will be available as an option on both new and existing Mazdas fitted with MZD Connect from 6th August 2018.

Offline markh802

• S Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Trim: Sport Nav
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 06:31:18 pm »
Has anyone managed to find the cable set required in the UK that I can buy from a dealer.
Thank you all in advance, I'm going to start trying to track some down and if I find them I will post the link of dealer on here.

Offline markh802

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 07:36:23 pm »
Finally found the software and hardware, software update done today.
Was pretty easy really just takes a while to complete.
Fail safe installer and then instalation package.
Hardware required:
MZC830V660Z  Cord assy USB
MZTK78669U0C ACP/AA UNIT
Instructions and foam tape.
£159.64 for both parts from Stoneacre Mazda
I looked at importing both parts as everyone else was doing, then managed to find them just as cheap in the UK, be aware some places are around the £190 ish Mark for the same kit
I've picked up the ACP unit up already, USB leads are in on Tuesday.
Can't wait to get it up and running.
If anyone else wants any help shout up

Offline markh802

• S Class
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 11:43:29 am »
All installed works perfectly and no different from what the dealer would have done for half the price!
The interface is a bit odd from the command control button, I'm using Android auto I haven't used the apple side of it to be honest.
once you get used to it its fantastic, being able to talk to the car instead of faffing about to navigate to a destination is a good thing, Spotify links in flawlessly.
Google maps is a welcome addition over the horrendous Mazda sat nav app at least when I go around a roundabout the map follows now instead of holding its position and the arrow moving around, I just find that part confusing!

If you're considering it I'd say go for it you won't regret it  ;)