Author Topic: More lights than a christmas tree  (Read 5206 times)

Offline Gloss123

• S Class
  • Colour: Arctic White (A4D) Non-Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2013
More lights than a christmas tree
« on: August 26, 2019, 07:52:45 pm »
Hi guys, hoping someone has had a similar issue that could shed some light on my issue, while  i am waiting for my visit to mazda. I have a 63 plate sky active sport nav 175 2.2 diesel estate. A week ago i had my rear seat belt warning light come on and start pinging ( theres was no one sitting in back or anything heavy on seat), while i was thinking that's odd i had a red triangle with exclamation mark light up on dash and the message keyless ignition needs inspection simultaneously an orange message telling me my scbs needed inspection and an orange vehicle symbol with skid lines appeared. The car continued to dive ok. A couple of minutes later the petrol gauge steadily dropped to zero and then low fuel warning light came on  even though i had just filled it up 5 minutes ago. The car continued to drive ok an got me home. The next day got in car drove as normal for a couple of days, then happened again, exactly the same. Have since worked out it only happens when my journey is longer than 15 minutes, and always seems to reset it self after leaving for an hour. Its booked in at mazda next week. Would be grateful for anyones thoughts or previous experience of a similar issue   thanks  Rob

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: More lights than a christmas tree
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:54:25 am »
There are older posts/fixs for these warnings but all went back to the dealer which you are going to do.

I do not think it is something that you can DIY but your battery may be failing and all sorts of sensors can go wrong because of an old battery.

Hopefully you will get it fixed it cheaply.

Offline Gloss123

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 11:37:15 am »
Thanks for the advice, i have had the same  feedback from others. Any ideas on a reasonable priced battery supplier? I have just had a price from my mechanic of £195, which seems pretty extortionate  to me. He said only 3 people make them. Nit something i would expect for a mazda.

Offline Gloss123

• S Class
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 05:22:40 pm »
Ok new batterry from mazda fitted today, got home same problem as before but know headlights are stuck on, heater stopped and no indicators working! Help

Offline Gloss123

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 06:59:24 pm »
Ok had battery checked, Mazda sold me a dudd!!

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 01:30:19 pm »
Oh dear!

Was it the battery at the end?

I think the dealers charge too much for car batteries and there was something on the news a few days ago about Nissan and Mercedes charging way too much.

I think it was half that price for the quick service shops for my car when I had checked but the third generation battery may be different.

Offline Gloss123

• S Class
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 12:15:01 pm »
Latest Update, Back to Mazda today to check the battery, apparently the battery is fine. they have run diagnostics and despite my dashboard looking like a Christmas Tree, they can not find any faults being thrown up by their diagnostics equipment. Apparently as the faults arent with the components themselves that is lighting up the warning message, its some kind of electrical fault. Its now booked in with a very good, and highly recommended Auto electrician, who doesnt charge the extortionate prices Mazda do. will keep you posted when I get to the bottom of the issue.