Author Topic: Error Code P2009  (Read 8161 times)

Offline nickc40

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Error Code P2009
« on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:41 pm »
Hi Guys, i have a Mazda 04 reg the engine light came on the other day managed to get the error code of P2009 intake manifold runner control circuit low bank 1.

can anyone point me in the right direction where i can find this and also is it a costly part to replace? Car seems to be running fine, just a bit noisy on start in this cold.

Thanks

Offline andyk3090

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Fuel: LPG
Re: Error Code P2009
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:04:47 pm »
See the note below from Wikipedia. The Mazda petrol engine has a solenoid operated butterfly valve in the air intake manifold that is operated by a vacuum. In that case I would start looking for leaks on  any small diameter hoses that may look like vacuum pipes. Probably coming offthe inlet manufold somewhere. If I can find anything else I will let you know. Worth a look before you start shelling any money out.

The FE-DOHC featured Mazda's VICS system, short for Variable Inertia Control System, a variable intake setup to optimize runner length and resonance at different engine speeds. Much like Toyota's Acoustic Control Induction System, it had two sets of intake runners, a long set for low-medium RPMs, and a short set for high RPMs. It was operated by a vacuum solenoid based on the engine's current speed, actuating a pair of butterflies inside the manifold to open or close the short runners past 5 400 RPM. This system has been used on many Mazda engines since including the BP. The K-series V6 engines used a different principle to the same effect dubbed VRIS.

Offline andyk3090

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Fuel: LPG
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:29:42 pm »
Sorry, didn't notice it was a diesel.  Looking around there is a few articles if you put a search on 'Variable tumble control solenoid valve' into google. However I think the link below will take you to some very good info.

http://dvs-mazda.ru/files/MPV/1st/esicont/en/srvc/html/BME010202000W02.html

It also takes you through the steps on how the garage would test for the fault I hope thi helps.

Not sure what engine this is, but the link may help you locate the valve 

http://www.mazdaspd.com/manual_files/01-13a.pdf

Offline nickc40

• S Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:59:01 am »
Cheers thanks for the assist, will have a look on the weekend but more likely going to be a garage unfortunately for me!