Author Topic: Central locking  (Read 4902 times)

Offline Mike6

• S Class
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2004
Central locking
« on: December 19, 2017, 01:37:36 pm »
I have just brought a Mazda6 2.0 2004 and it maybe one of the best cars I've had
The thing is the central locking fob won't lock the doors but will unlock it so to lock the car I have to use the key which is fine unless it's very cold and the lock is frozen in which case the dosen't get locked, obviously a big worry
Anyone any idea???

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Central locking
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 01:54:47 pm »
The very first thing (and the cheapest) that I would do, would be to change the fob battery.  These things do last a very long time but it might be that as your car is a 2004, then it might still be the original battery and as such is on the way out.   There are threads on this site relating to Fob battery changes if you do a search from the HOME page 
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline alan33

• TS Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
Re: Central locking
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:54:50 am »
I have just purchased a new Mazda 6 estate, and have the same problem of finding the car has not locked itself, the first few times I never noticed till I came back to the car which is a bit of a problem, but as I can set the mirrors to fold in when locked I now look to see if the mirrors have folded in. I went to the local dealer and the advise was as follows, Don't let the wife carry the spare car in the car at the same time. make sure the person with the key leaves the car last and the drivers door is the last one to close, do not walk away from the car too quickly or the car will not know I have left, last but probably the only real answer is to turn off the car walkaway self lock and use the remote key, so why buy a car with the function???
I love to drive my car but has too many issues