Author Topic: 2008 electric powersteering  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Rik1963

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
2008 electric powersteering
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:24:26 pm »
Hi all hope someone can help my 08 mazda 6 has developed  a strange eps fault when first  started  it all works  perfectly  then after about 30 mins or so cut of so eps light comes on and no power steering  wait about  30 mins and restart  and it will come back on  and so on any ideas please  it's very annoying

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: 2008 electric powersteering
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 12:11:00 pm »
Maybe it is an electrical connection related to cables or fuses. It should easy to figure out whether something like that is causing the problem.

You could try to use the steering column adjustments to move it on all directions just in case there is something wrong there and it can be released by movement.

Once mine would not be able to run the horn. I am not sure how that was blocked after readjusting the wheel but then I tried again and it worked.

Usually when batteries get old, they start causing all sort of problems. But I am not sure if you have a batter related side effect. You could check you battery health as well.

Offline Atenzer

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: 2008 electric powersteering
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 11:51:22 pm »
After checking the battery, I would also check the earth.  Not just the battery side but also other areas. As the car ages, earth or ground as it is commonly referred to can cause strange issues.