Author Topic: Air bag warning light, need help  (Read 14832 times)

Offline dtb

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Tamura
  • Year: 2007
Air bag warning light, need help
« on: September 27, 2013, 08:16:10 am »
Hello to all on the forum,

I have been a Mazda 6 owner for around 3 years. My current car is a 2007 Mazda 6 Tamura which I purchased recently and this is the second '6' I have had.

I am now selling my 2004 Mazda 6 TS but I have a fault on the airbag system and now asking if anyone can help with this.

Ok, the problem is the airbag light on the dash stays on after the initial warning flash. This flash is 1 flash followed by a delay and 2 quick flashes, this repeats and then stays on permanently.

Checking on the internet this seems to relate to a code 12 which can either be low battery voltage or a fault on the airbag system. Prior to having a local mechanic attach a diagnostic machine I charged up the battery in situ but this had no effect. The mechanic came up with the following codes B1342 ECU internal fault and B2867 connector half insertion detected.

I have checked the connectors under both front seats, behind the glove box, and in the door pillars, these all seem to be all ok and connected and without wear or degradation. Do I need to look anywhere else for more?

Also can anyone explain where is the air bag module located so that I can check those connections as well?

I am led to believe that it is located under the centre console and having removed the cup holders and the front section over the gear shift I can't seem to be able to find it. Incidentely under the cup holders I have a white connector and a black connector that are both unused and not connected to anything, what are these for?

We chatted to a local(ish) Mazda dealer who couldn't help but suggested we take the car along to them. However apart from the car having no insurance anymore I can't consider spending an amount of money on the car that is only worth probably at most around £1200 tops (mileage 112k).

Many thanks in advance.

Offline neeldub

• Administrator
  • TS Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
Re: Air bag warning light, need help
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:09:03 pm »
Might be a good idea to sell it as it is. Did you not have any luck clearing the faults via the diagnostics?

Offline dtb

• S Class
  • Trim: Tamura
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 11:26:24 am »
Might be a good idea to sell it as it is. Did you not have any luck clearing the faults via the diagnostics?

I was not around when the mechanic hooked it up so I'm not sure what was / not possible for him to do at the time.

Looks like I will need to sell as it is as I don;t want it sitting around until Xmas and beyond.

Thanks for your input.

Offline caseytee

• S Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 02:06:41 pm »
Have a similar problem on my mazda 6 sport 2007,just failed m.o.t,mazda say I need a new part costing £460 +fitting.dont know what to do either

Offline slavikost

• S Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 02:53:11 pm »
I had the airbag light ON as well.One day I took spray cleaner for electronics.I just disconnected,cleaned inside and connected again all the wire connectors under the front seats and believe or not but after that I never saw the light again.It was so simple with me.It doesn't hurt trying this and it is almost free of charge.I hope it is the same with you guys.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 04:09:12 pm »
I had the airbag light ON as well.One day I took spray cleaner for electronics.I just disconnected,cleaned inside and connected again all the wire connectors under the front seats and believe or not but after that I never saw the light again.It was so simple with me.It doesn't hurt trying this and it is almost free of charge.I hope it is the same with you guys.

Hmm   But does it work if it really had to, as in,  if there really was a problem ?
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline slavikost

• S Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 09:24:28 am »
The light is working because when I'm switching the ignition on all the light are flashing for a second and after that are going off.So this light is coming on and off together with the others and not staying ON at the rest of the time.Nowfor me the only light staying on all the time is the light for the headlights because they are constantly ON.